Children of all ages can have issues with food and nutrition, affecting their development and even their risk for certain disorders.
Registered dietitian Allison Schulman can help your child transition to a healthier, well-balanced diet based on their unique needs.
Our pediatric nutrition services in New York, NY, can foster a positive attitude towards food and establish good nutrition for life...
Who Can Our Pediatric Nutritionist Help?
Several types of children can benefit from meeting with our registered dietitian and nutritionist, located in New York, NY:
Children with Food Allergies
Allison is certified to diagnose, prevent, and manage pediatric food allergies. She can help pinpoint the cause of allergy symptoms so we know which foods to recommend you avoid feeding your child. Then, we can determine if nutritional supplements are needed to meet your child's nutrition needs. Finally, we can design food plans that will keep your child satisfied and healthy.
Children with Serious Medical Conditions
Children who visit our office and have serious medical conditions like diabetes, obesity, digestive disorders, and eating disorders require specialized counseling and customized nutritional plans to help them maintain or improve their health. In many cases, improved nutrition can help our pediatric patients manage these disorders and enjoy better health.
High School Athletes
Some athletes, particularly those in their teens, may need to gain or lose weight to qualify for certain matches or improve their ability to play sports. Our registered dietitian and nutritionist in New York can help teens make healthy choices so they can gain or lose weight in a safe manner.
Children with Weight Management Issues
Staying within the recommended healthy weight range can be a challenge for children, teens, and adults in New York and across the country. Allison can make over your pantry, take you shopping, and set you up with a cooking coach so you have healthy and delicious choices available for all meals and snacks.
Establishing a Positive Relationship with Food
Allison Schulman can help toddlers, children, and teens in the New York, NY, area establish a better relationship with and understanding of food so they can stick to our custom nutrition plans and change their eating habits for good. For our pediatric patients in New York, this can contribute to better health for life.
Do Lots of Kids Have Unhealthy Diets?
Concerned about Your Child's Nutritional Needs? Contact Our New York, NY, Pediatric Nutritionist Today
Feeding your child a healthy, well-balanced diet can be difficult due to pickiness, food allergies, medical conditions, eating disorders, and of course, parental time issues. Ordering a generic children's nutrition book from Amazon is not the answer.
A registered dietitian can teach you and your child proper eating habits to ensure a strong, healthy childhood and life.
Allison Schulman is a certified, award-winning registered dietitian in New York, NY, with the skill, education, and most importantly, compassion, to create a personalized nutrition plan for your child. She will partner with you to set realistic nutrition goals, implement life-long dietary changes, and sustain a healthier lifestyle.
A Delicious Review for Allison's Services
"Very professional, knowledgeable, thorough in outlining plan of action for my health concern. Pleasant disposition."
Alison Q. (Verified Patient)
A Good Diet Can Equal Good Health
A customized eating plan created by registered dietitian Allison Schulman can reduce the risk of your child developing serious health issues such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, dental cavities, and more.
More about Allison Schulman Our Top-Rated Registered Dietitian
- Certified to Treat Pediatric Food Allergies
- Allison has specialized training in pediatric food allergies. She recently completed a rigorous nine-month course on up-to-date, evidence-based care and medical nutrition therapy. This means that she can diagnose pediatric food allergies (including IgE-mediated food allergies) and help prevent and manage related health issues.
- Allison has specialized training that many dietitians do not, giving her a unique insight into how nutrition and the human body work together. She also passed a rigorous exam in order to achieve the distinction of being a certified dietitian.
- In-Depth Education
- Allison received her bachelor's degree in Food and Restaurant Management and master's in Clinical Nutrition from New York University. She was especially interested in understanding the causes as well as treatments for eating disorders.
- Professionally Experienced
- She completed her dietetic internship at Presbyterian Hospital of New York, and was employed at the Hospital for Special Surgery, where she worked as a Clinical Dietitian. She is also a nutritional consultant for local schools and non-profits.
- Allison was awarded the distinction of being voted Top Dietitian in New York City.
- One-on-One Care
- Allison offers guided shopping excursions to local NYC markets to educate her clients on healthy food shopping. She also does home pantry makeovers to ensure your kitchen is stocked with the tastiest, most nutritional options for your child.
5-Star Reviews for Allison's Nutritional Services
I really like our interaction, we have already met 3 times. Ms Schulman is very professional and thorough, with excellent bedside manner, as she is a great listener and really makes an effort to know and understand her patients lifestyles and health issues. It is a pleasure to meet with her every month and learn from her the importance of leading a healthy life by eating healthy and exercising regularly...View On Zocdoc
I enjoyed my visit with Allison because she was attentive, thoughtful in her approach and pragmatic in creating a realistic eating plan to suit my needs and help me reach my goals. I look forward to working with her. She is warm and our conversation was easy. I highly recommend her.